Pilates Classes - from basic pilates exercises to the more advanced
"Improve core control, strength, flexibility and agility"
Pilates is a method of body conditioning that was developed nearly 100 years ago in Germany. It is unique because the technique works on strengthening, lengthening and toning muscles as well as improving posture and increasing your flexibility and balance. Essentially pilates emphasises the importance of beginning the movement from the core andphysiotherapists use Pilates clinically to promote injury recovery, restore muscle imbalances and re-educate the body to prevent recurrence of injury.
Benefits of pilates exercises and yoga exercises:
• Teaches and improves body awareness
• Improves posture
• Improves core control – abdominals, gluteal and back muscles
• Improves flexibility and agility
• Builds strength
• Learn efficient patterns of movement
• Improves breathing technique
• Improves body balance
• Improves both muscular and mental co-ordination
• May assist with easing back pain and other chronic injuries/pain
• Assists with injury prevention
• Great adjunct to other regular sport or exercise
Added benefits of:
• Motivation of group exercise
• Advantage of an experienced, qualified physiotherapist not only teaching the class but able to adjust techniques and exercises as appropriate to individuals dependent on your history of injuries or issues.
Try our pilates classes
To make a booking for a pilates class click here