Are you a dancer who wants to improve your technique, flexibility or just prevent those niggly injuries that can keep you from training? Here at Bureta physio we have a dedicated physiotherapist who can help you with this. As a dancer you will be aware of the importance of core stability to improve turns, control arabesque and prevent many back issues.Â You may already being lots of training for it but are you really doing what you need to do to get the most out of it. Core stability is not about doing hundreds of sit ups, getting a 'six-pack'or being able to hold a plank position for 3 minutes (although these do still have their purposes!) True Core Stability IS...
- The ability to control the spine dynamically, that is, with movement.
- Fine co-ordination of all of the muscles that control your trunk, not just the abdominals.
- The ability to adjust the level of control needed, depending on the situation.
- Creating a stable base off which to work the limbs.
- Stabilizing the mid-section to allow smooth and effective transfer of force through the body.